How to install Jupyter Notebook in Windows
Have you heard about Jupyter Notebook? If you are familiar with data science we guess you already know Jupyter Notebook. If not, don’t get tensed as we will give complete info on it along with how to install Jupyter Notebook in the simplest way on your windows. Actually, it is one of the most sophisticated tools for those who are dealing with data analysis or data science.
In terms of tech, Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application(just like a web form of notepad) that can be used to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations, and text needed for data science and data analysis. It contains the IPython kernel, which allows you to write your programs in Python, but along it also has over 100 other kernels that you can also use. Isn’t cool? that means you can literally write codes in any language over there.
- A Windows 8.1 or 10 Pc.
- Good Internet Connected.
How to install it?
- For installing Jupyter Notebook in your Window Os you will have to set up a Python environment in your system. For that follow the following steps:
- Download the latest version of Python from the official website. You can click on this button below for doing it.
- Or you can go to https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/ scroll to the bottom and select either Windows x86-64 executable installer for 64-bit or Windows x86 executable installer for 32-bit.
- Next, the step is to run the .exe file just like you do with other software. [Note to tick mark all bottom options. Such as Add Python 3.7 to PATH option or else you might face a problem while running python script in CMD].
- And, python will be installed in your machine. For a quick check to find whether python is installed perfectly > Just run python -V in your command prompt. That’s it your not set to install Jupyter Notebook.
Installing Jupyter Notebook:
- To install jupyter notebook in the simplest way, just type pip install notebook or pip install jupyterlab command in your cmd.
- The following command will automatically install all the needed requirements in your machine.
- Now to run it go to cmd & type jupyter notebook command & run. If it’s run then you have accomplish your goals of installing it. [Note: You have to set your password at first then only you can access the notebook.]
For quick error-free installation try to follow all the steps that I have provided. Also, ensure to download the stable version of Python instead of the latest version to avoid complex errors. For any sort of help email me at [email protected] Lastly, don’t forget to let us know whether my article helped you or not in the comment section.